Our little chicken Sam has been afraid to go down the twisty slides. It doesn't matter who will catch him at the bottom or if his sister will go down with him. All that matters is that mommy takes him down the slide - wheeeee. So, mommy decided to give Sam, um a little push, and off he went. Lo and behold, he declared himself a BIG BOY and for the last month he's owned that twisty slide. He's even got so brave to push his big trucks down it. Now, if Jill is reading this, she might be laughing (making fun of my kid) and crying all at the same time. I believe all of her kids conquered the twisty slide at 8 months. Those little climbers. I think it all goes back to the fact that she walked at like 9 months or something crazy and I didn't until I was 15 months (hey, I was lazy and liked to be carried).