Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Building up Evidence

May 2020
 
Dear Bridget,
 
I am saving every pic you draw for me, of me, whether I am a mermaid swimming with you, a ghost scaring people with you, two bunnies wearing crowns, an entire mer-family with Sullivan or a princess. One day I will paper your room with these pictures. I will break them out of the vault in about seven years, just about the time you hit 12. They will be laminated and glued to your wall until you are 22. They will be too slippery to hang pictures over, paint won't stick to them, nothing will cover up these beautiful pics that will stare at you all day long.
 
 So when....
 
- you are mad I didn't buy you the 100th pair of jeans from A&F
- you roll your eyes at me
- you tell me I am stooopid and don't know nuthin'
- you put purple streaks in your pretty hair
- you don't get to _____________(fill in the blank)
- you tell me that boy and you are just friends....
 
You have to retreat to your room and stare at these pictures and then you can be reminded that once your mommy was totally awesome. The pics may just burn your eyes if you stare too long. Feel free to keep making them cause I could paper your locker, too.
 
Sincerely,
Your princess/bunny/mermaid/awesome Momma