Sam fondly refers to our trip in July to the Outer Banks as our "beach party." Love that he thinks about in that way. "Mommy, when are we going to the beach party again?" In some ways, it was a pure party for the kids. Slumber party fiesta, lots of snacks, running wild on a beach and no one caring that you are acting a bit crazy throwing sand, playing with new friends, fending off the crabbies, watching for thunderstorms...it's all good at the beach.
Unlike the past years, this time we headed with our good friends Ed, Katie and Sophia, Katie's mom and step-dad, her best friend Rox and hubs Eric, Katie's brother Chris, his fiance, Tesha, and their daughter, Echo. Did you keep that straight?! We even have a beach cookbook to show for this trip. Lots of yummy meals. I plan on selling all of the "old" family recipes someday. Maybe it would pay for a beach house....
Look at the looooove. Headed to the beach walk. I think B was more afraid that her brother was going to run all crazy like into oncoming cars and dads pushing wagons full of beach crap that they can't see over, while their wives sashay onto the beach with a cocktail directing them. That's the way it should be, right...
Nice one, Sam. I love you, too.
I posted this on one Facebook and I didn't quite realize how camera- ready they were. I think I set the expectation my kids are this beautiful on the beach all the time based on some of the comments from my friends "out west"...ps, "out west", they don't dress their kids to match or in smocking. I must kill them with some pics. But, I do admit, Ralph Lauren could run this bad boy in next summer's print campaign. I'm game..and so are their college funds.
Bridget and Echo getting some time in before the storm blows in.
That is pure joy on that kid's face. Of course, he would make that face for mommy when she holds the camera. :)
The beach was this kid's playground...
This is the beginning of one of the slumber parties. Yeah, not sooo sleepy.
Love this pic. This is one of the few pics where I see total Kerr in Sam. I see Uncle Greg's kid pics in this shot.
Gratuitous shot of Marc and I. #beachselfie
This should be a postcard. Love how timeless the picture is.
Ed, Sophia, Marc and B. B refused to open her eyes for this one.
Hats, all kinds of hats.
This one would be in US Weekly...celebs just like us section. I am sure if they could really see the full me, US Weekly would suggest a juice cleanse.
And, this cracked me up. Some guy stopped Sam on the beach and asked for his autograph saying he was surely in disguise from the paparazzi. No, just his mom with the camera.
Big boy in the pool
Love and aggression can sometimes be one in the same.
Bridget has been talking about being a "leader of the cheers" just like her mama.
Love the color in this pic. I'll call it Sherbet Sunset...orange and grape rolled into one.
The last night we hunted crabby-crabs on the beach. We probably caught about 30. All was fun and smiles until one ran over B's foot.
The first sign of the OBX. The horseys with wings.
Seriously, another postcard. So timeless.
3 little duckies
Totally valley girl. I think she just needs a pair of roller skates.