Thursday, October 27, 2011

When Dad Sleeps in the Mountains

Marc got his wilderness on the other weekend with our good friend Ed. They headed to the Shenandoah mountains for a night of camping. While daddy was gone, I kept the kids busy...so busy that bedtime was a breeze. And, I even managed to enjoy a glass o' vino and a movie. Ahhh.

We took a trip to the Reston Zoo. We hadn't been there since last summer and all Bridget remembers is that she was terrified of the goats. Now, mind you, Reston Zoo is a funny little thing. There are a ton of goats, llamas and sheep, but you also get some random monkeys, a snake, some zebras, a few osterich and so on. It sort of a psuedo zoo, if you will, where the animals like to be fed...ALOT.

Sam not terrifed of the animals literally coming right next to the wagon.


Sam was pretty good about holding his sister's hand.


Trying to get them to pose on a large rock...without falling off.


Bridget was very proud of herself for not being afraid.


Sam was afraid...this is him literally saying, "I hold you. I hold you. I hold you." That is the universal saying among both kids in the Kerr house for pick me up now!


Feeding the llamas. B loves this series about a llama and his mama. Note, llama often ryhmes in the book with "drama" and "mama". Perfect for her.


Cookie break waiting for one of our playdates to start.


Olympic event in the Kerr house...running around the table as fast as you can.


Lining up pumpkins. Our nickname for B when she was in utero was "pumpkin".


Home from ballet. Playing outside. In white with no jacket. I'm a good mom.


At the park with her friend Sophia. There is a pic below of B as an infant where she is making this face. I need to find it - it's so spot on.



Coloring at the table one morning. It's funny Sam will say or try to say the correct name for everything except crayons or princesses. Crayons are "lulus" and princesses are "lalas". The Kerr family has a tradition of using words Greg and Marc said as toddlers even today (a cookie, for example is a "guck-guck"). I think lulu will stick.

No comments: