Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Kids Say The Darndest Things

I have to say 4 is an awesome age. At 4 kids are still snuggly, they need their mommy, yet they can play pretend with their brother or sister or dolls or cat or a broomstick. Anything works and a lot makes them happy. They also like to go to the movies, tattle on their siblings (much appreciated), go shopping, change their own clothes and help themselves to snacks once they've broken the child safety lock off the door.

Bridget has been saying things that are hilarious to me. Her vocabularly is blossoming, although adventure is actually pronounced "ba-venture." She is into negotiating ("mom, here's a deal for you") and way into drama (seriously, budding soap star).  Here are some gems from this weekend alone.

During the tornado warning when I packed the kids up and took them in the guest bathroom while Marc "assessed" the situation via the geeky weather ban thingy he has.

"Mommy, is our house flying?" Me - "You mean like Dorthy's?" Bridget - "Yeah, like Dorthy's. Are we up in the air?" Me - "No...um, at least, I don't think so."

After receiving a kiss from her brother.
"I wiped his kiss in so it would be closer to my heart, because I love him soooo much."

After her brother had a massive two-year-old blow out and insisted his diaper be changed in Bridget's room only after he put on her necklace. During the blow-out clean-up, Sam tried to take said necklace off and it went flying into pieces across the room.
"Samuel, you've got problems. First you wear my necklace. Then you break my necklace. And, then you get poop on my carpet!" I believe I added "Well said, Bridget" and then we both watched Sam tear off running buck naked.

One night while putting her to bed, she dropped this little gem. I am still convinced she was about to ask me for something after she said this or wanted to make me cry for some reason. I mean, really, who says this?! It reminded me of my favorite Shirley Temple movie as a kid (blue bird) when all the babies in heaven are being tossed down to earth by angels. Weird, but very cute.
"Mommy, I always knew I wanted you to be mommy. Even when I was in your tummy, I picked just you to be my mommy."

When watching one of the many painful Presidential campaign ads on tv, Bridget decided she was going to get all school teacher on me (she loves to breaks things up into syllables right now).

"Mommy, say 'Mitt'...'Brown-ie.'" Then she proceeded to ask for a brownie for breakfast. Good call, Bridget.

Here's to you being four and making us laugh and love you even more.