The 'stem is the affectionate name for our house. We live on the end of a pipe stem, which most people have no clue what that is and we didn't until we found this house. A 'stem is just a fancy way of saying you have a very long driveway that you share with at least one other neighbor. But, it feels like you are worlds away sometimes, it's so private. I never pictured us living in a setting like this. I sort of saw us in an older neighborhood where you lived smack dab next to the other house and I would have been okay with that. But, when it comes to have two small ones running, biking and motoring around in their Barbie Jeep and manly pick-em-up truck, this is heaven. Right now, my kids own that 'stem on these hot rod bikes.
Fake kindergarten smile in full effect.
Please forgive my camera duties and the voice. George Lucas will clearly not be hiring me anytime soon for his next action film. But my daughter, on the other hand, watch her hold that smile at the end of the bike ride. Hilarious. And, my son with the fake drama of almost "getting run over." I see Terms of Endearment meets Can't Buy Me Love meets Mad Max.