Our big girl starts a new phase of her toddler life next week - "school!" Bridget will be going to a daycare that is for 2-5 year olds that has a preschool structure and then essentially aftercare - naptime and lots of playtime! Marc and I have felt really good about the center - they offer all sorts of extracurricular activities like ballet, theatre and even yoga!! Maybe Bridget can channel her inner Sting and will be super zen by the time we pick her up?! Anyway, part of the program is "practice days" where we were able to drop Bridget off for three hours so she gets a feel for her little school. Although we haven't given her the backpack yet (a bone of contention at the Kerr house), she was so excited. Marc showed her cubby and by the time I joined them at Ballston Children's, she was coming out the door holding the hand of the lead teacher with all the kids following her. They were headed to the playground. I was about two feet from Bridg and she didn't even notice me - just went on her merry way. When I picked her up after lunch, she told me that she played with girls and boys and baby dolls. But, she didn't want to eat her lunch - her quote "I too scared." Me - "why?" Bridg "Because I wanted to go play." Hmm?! We'll see how Tuesday goes.
After that she came to mommy's work for a bit and entertained everyone with her love of chocolate chip cookies, pink ink pens, tape, chairs that swivel and dancing skills. Hoping she passed her first interview. Ha!
Here are some shots of her near the playground after I picked her up. Notice, what a good job daddy did with the bow!
