Monday, September 16, 2013

No Sugar Coating It

B has definitely had some gems lately...and this was all within 24 hours.

1. I was telling Bridget her teacher called me on Friday of her first week of school to say what a joy B is (of course, she's her mother's daughter!), how caring she is of other students and how she participates. All things that blew up my head. Bridget follows-up this report with "Mommy. You know, God just made me good." Yes, little miss, he did.

2. Then this good comment was followed by. "Mommy, I have something to tell you, but you CANNOT tell daddy." I thought...here, we go. "Today, I kissed Dayo." Me: "Um, really. Where did you kiss Dayo?" "Um, on the forehead!!" Me: "Have you kissed any other boys?" "Well, I kissed Kyle once on the forehead. You NEVER kiss on the lips unless you are MARRIED!" I said - "You got it. Don't ever do that." I promptly wished I had a flask in my purse at that moment.

3. Later on I was reading her a book about Olivia the pig and she stops me to tell me this gem: "Mommy, you know at Megan and Steve's wedding, they will kiss. And, when they kiss, everyone will go, "EWWWWW." And, I will look at everyone and say this is not "EWWWW", this is LOVE. I tell the kids at school that." Wow....

And, then there is this. We went all suburbia to Whole Foods with the neighbors to listen to a reggae band (yes, all true and they served beer). There was some neighborhood dancing and after the kids retreated to their pizza, B stayed up there as if she was part of the band...just dancing...even my one friend had to point out her mini flirtation with the...DRUMMER! Now, about that flask.