8 maids a milking, the magic 8 ball, figure 8...I think it's a pretty lucky number. Marc and I just celebrated our 8th anniversary. I mean, seriously, didn't we just get married yesterday?! On the morning of our anniversary - the very early morning hours (yes is this PG) - Sam was awake having wet his pjs for the second night in a row. I have just brought Sam into our bed and am deliriously trying to change him and asking Marc to go find some new pjs (the life of a working mom or heck any mom (!) - you sometimes forget where the clean stack of them went!). Sam is wailing and I have visions of Bridget getting up to join in on the fun, too. So, there I am singing itsy bitsy spider mesmerizing Sam like a charmer does to a snake and Marc is trying to help with a down and dirty diaper change. Mid Huggies fastening he looks at me and says "well, happy anniversary!". I had to laugh - yep, this is our life! Although we're very tired, it's all good.
We did have a great anniversary and night out to pretend we were young and wild. Ok, not the wild part, but thinking we're all cool and young, for sure. I mean seriously check out this hot self portrait!